at ENV New Jersey
Project Architect needed to perform the following duties:
- Participate and work on different types of projects like Public/Private School, Health facilities, Libraries etc. of medium to large size. Assist project manager on all aspects of cost and schedule, and through a resolution of issues that pertain to successful project delivery.
- Work on building construction application approval process, plan submittals, plan processing, and payment processing.
- Coordinates the input and efforts of all types of project including Schools. Learn to negotiate, administers, and control contracts with consultants, developers, contractors, and other agencies.
- Identifies potential problem areas in advance, ask for corrective action, and brings unresolved difficulties to the attention of proper authority.
- Assist project manager for reviewing Methods, materials, and equipment used in various type of projects including School construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) and Revit equipment to produce designs, working drawings, forms, and records. Also creating presentations for clients using Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop CS6.
- Draw detailed scale plans for buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
- Perform Building-related codes and ordinances enforced by the City, including the International Code Council. (ICC) building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) codes.
- Perform methods and assist in all phases of construction.
- Predesign (PD)
- Schematic Design (SD)
- Design Development (DD)
- Construction Documents (CDs)
- Construction Administration (CA)
- Work on hand drafting and software drafting in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Work with Project manager and Plumbing/Mechanical/HVAC/Structure consultants and should make sure everyone is up to date with the latest drawing set.
- Create detailed 3d modeling of buildings including walkthrough, animation and Virtual reality.
- Draft detailed Plans, Building Sections, Wall Sections, Elevations, Plan details, Bathroom Details, Stairs and Elevator.
- Produce CAD drawings, renderings, layouts, working drawings, charts, forms, records and color boards for specific architectural design.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and design layouts.
- Research and develop the design and product solutions and presents them for consideration.
- Produce drawings and specifications that have been redlined by others.
- Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project
- Layout and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Architecture.